Thursday, January 16, 2014

End Of My Days

Had a life time to get it right
And it is still not right.
Nobodies fault but my own,
And I have tried, time
And time again
Only to come up short,
Far short of happiness.
Pursuit I have had,
Pursued it my whole life.
But here I sit alone
With my dog and the TV.
Not the way I hoped,
Not the way I have dreamed,
But it has come to this
With the best I can do.
Who can I blame,
What can I do?
I do not like it,
But it is the best I can do.
The grave beckons
At the end of my days
Which comes closer
With each passing day.
Dream on, dream on,
Dream of the one,
The one who will come.
Better late than never,
But never I fear.
Yet in the days to come
My horse and my dog
They do comfort me.
I am glad for all that I have had,
But wish that I had more.
I wish that I had done more,
It was the compromises I made
That led me to this day,
Not my way or the Highway.
But for all involved
This is the best I can do.
I am as I am, changed into
What I am by the decisions
I have made in life.
Some willingly,
Others by force.
Forces by the best
Of the alternatives available.
It is with a light heart
That I move onto my grave,
Which awaits at the end of my days.

No comments:

Post a Comment